Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wrap Up!

I'd have to say I have mostly enjoyed taking part in this assignment, though I haven't kept up at all times...I've learnt a lot about Web 2.0 sites on the web that I hadn't really understood before and frankly got out of my comfort zone and used them! Before starting this adventure I was very hesitant in participating within the net (aside from sites like Facebook), I guess just because I felt I would be exposing myself to comments from people I don't know (that could be negative!). After completing this assignment I don't feel that way at all! I'm more than happy now to investigate a tool on the net I don't know much about and just 'play' with it! Working with my buddies (Cam, Sal, Dave and Nemo) has been great, I've learnt heaps from them, especially as a couple had had experience working with Web 2.0 tools before.

I'm really pleased I've had the opportunity to take part in this assignment - as I am studying Information Management I should be more than capable in using tools like these. It's an ever changing industry, hugely affected by technology and it is vital to keep up to date with the latest forms of information management. I can most definitely see myself using several of these tools in the industry, for example Google wave (if it was stciking around!!), Twitter and the social bookmarking sites. Infact since doing the 'Twitter week' I am now using Twitter to ask questions and to communicate with friends and university collegues, instead of just reading other peoples tweets!

I do feel that I have struggled a little, really in a time management sense though, but this is not related to the actual work load. I've had to ask questions to my buddies on most of the weeks, though not all, but have found it overall very easy to learn how to use the sites and navigate my way around! Frankly it's been quite fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment