Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Google Wave
On a Wednesday before class (gosh about a month ago - sorry John!!) I met up with Cam, Dave and Sal and we had a go at using Google Wave. I would have to say I really enjoyed it!! We were all able to use the wave and add to the wave easily and quickly all at the same time. I really liked how it has quite a few of the standard functions of using MSWord, such as bold, italic, font size, font style and colour. It was also very easy to load images, videos, maps and even searches from Google itself! All this took was a click of a button - no time waiting for something to load at all! The only thing I found might be a bit tricky about using the wave was, as you have several people using it, it takes no time at all to be a bit behind and have a lot of reading to catch up on, it could get a bit mnessy at times! Cam actually suggested that it could do with having a search bar for the actual wave, which I thought would be useful. I think it's a shame Google will be pulling Google Wave in the next year or so (though I have heard they may be using it in another program), as I most definitely think it has its uses. It would be handy in a work situation, or even uni, to collaborate with collegues without having to all be together in the same room. This would also be usful for communicating with people abroad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
John, just a note about using Google Wave, I wanted to get back into the wave I used with my group and attach a link for you, but I found on a couple of different computers I was using, it wouldn't allow me access to the wave without having Google Chrome as my web browser!
ReplyDeleteGoogle Chrome as my web browser! < bit weird that they set it up like this :(
ReplyDelete